Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Release Your Attachment



It's a constant struggle for me to release that which is something I desire so badly. This article helps me keep my focus.


Think about something you have gotten easily. You were probably somewhat relaxed, and didn’t get upset every time something didn’t go exactly as planned. You stayed in the flow, and knew everything would work out ok. Positive expectation and a relaxed manner will really go a lot farther than obsessing about every little twist and turn your life takes. Life is full of twists and turns, and they often lead to something better, but only if you believe it and stay in the flow.

Someone in my life once said about attachment, “It’s like being attached to a sunset, and getting upset when it is over. Why? It will rise and set again.” Even if you don’t know when something will happen again, if you believe it will and stay relaxed, then it will come back to you. This happens in my garden a lot. In the past I obsessed over getting certain plants to grow and flower, and I was most often unsuccessful. Due to my many gardening failures, I just relaxed. I watered when I thought it needed it and fertilized on occasion, but I stopped obsessing over how many flower buds were on each plant and what else I could do to make my plants flower more prolifically. Of course, once I stopped this, flowers started popping up everywhere! Of course, I didn’t neglect my plants and I made good choices for my zone and the individual plant’s needs, but I just let my plants grow at their own pace. Now they are rewarding me beautifully, and I am most appreciative.

Take time now to think about areas in your life where you are and have been successful. What emotions and attitudes did you have? How can you translate that over to areas where you still haven’t gotten everything you want?

Also remember, everything happens in its own perfect time. If you haven’t yet gotten what you are desiring, acknowledge that you may be sending negative vibrations, and that it may not be the perfect time. Relax, have faith, and go with the flow! Send positive thoughts towards your goals. Keep them pure with positive energy, instead of cluttering up your goals with doubt and negativity. You always want to feel good about what you are wishing for.

My life is flowing along at the perfect pace for me. I relax, go with the flow, and enjoy life! I love the journey and the destination and release attachment to the outcome. I have fun no matter what I'm doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment