Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fox News @ 10 Pay it Forward Challenge!



When was the last time you did something nice for a perfect stranger? Before you answer that think carefully about the question. A totally selfless act for someone you have never met before and have nothing to gain anything from? Well...... what are you waiting for? :)

This week I had a special challenge for my lovely Fox News @ 10 viewers! I called it the "Pay it Forward Challenge" I asked people to go out, do something selfless and then share the story with me!

The response was overwhelming! From viewers on my facebook page to emails in my inbox I was humbled by the generosity of everyone.

Here are a few of the stories I got.

At the grocery store - an elderly man rode one of those store carts up to his car - I waited in my car until he was done unloading it, got out and offered to drive it back to the store for him. He was very appreciative.

I bought my neighbor breakfast :)

I remembered today as I was going thru the starbucks drive thru. I covered the car behind me and a good tip. I found myself trying to drive away quickly, as i didn't want the car to hunt me down. Yesterday I introduced myself to my neighbor and bought her lunch

Sometime ago, we stopped at our favorite coffee stand. I'm a beaver, my wife a duck. An older couple (like us) pulled into the other side of the drive by with beaver flags on their car. I told the gal in the coffee stand we would pay for the coffee for the beavers. She told
the other couple as we were starting to pull out. The look on their
faces was pricless as they strained to look through and see who would
do such a thing. You never lose when you pay-it-forward.



These are just a sampling of the messages I got! Imagine how one act of kindness can press forward? My example from today is one of them.
I stopped to buy coffee and bought one for the person behind me.

When I got to work one of our reporters said loudly in the newsroom "Sombody bought my coffee today" Turns out she had gone to the SAME coffee stand as myself but the person who bought her coffee was A MAN.! I would like to think that me buying coffee for one person spurred several others to do the same! Today is a blessed day

No comments:

Post a Comment