Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Waterloo/Cedar Falls and the in-between time




Life is good. I mean really, really good. Yes, these past few weeks I have had a range of emotions mostly sadness however, things have turned a page in the last couple of days ever since I got to Minnesota.

My last few weeks in Eugene were very bittersweet. I dealt with my final show with Seth, my final show EVER and saying goodbye to good friends who have become more like family. It is certainly not easy to leave a place you love so dearly behind but now that I have and I am back home in the midwest I am feeling like a brand new person.

I have so much to look forward to! I start my new job at KWWL on October 19th with my first day on air being October 24th! I also found out today that the "Today In Iowa" show I will be co-anchoring just won a regional Emmy Award! I am so excited to work with a talented group of people and a station with such talent and rich history.

These days at home are so rare for me. I have nothing to do and it feels amazing. My car is still in Eugene and I am waiting for it to get shipped here so in the meantime it's lots of relaxing, catching up on emails with old friends and eating my mom's delicious home cooking! I cannot wait to move to the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area and start my new life. I feel so very blessed for this opportunity and to have my family three and a half hours away makes it even sweeter! Please continue to follow my journey!

1 comment:

  1. moving out of Eugene was scary for me too! The nice thing about Eugene, is it never really changes. So you can always go back if you want to.

    ReplyDelete