Friday, September 4, 2009

Radio, A Whole New World!













I arrive bleary eyed and barely awake at the KKNU studios this morning with one question on my mind...What on EARTH am I doing up so early. It's 4:30AM and this is normally when I am putting away that good book and nestling into my covers to sleep till 11AM or so. This week I am filling in for Tracy Berry who is on vacation at the local Country Station. My job consists of reading 3-4 news headlines every half an hour and following up with a brief weathercast which I put together using information from weather.gov. Although it's really really early, I must admit this is a fun experience. SO different from TV! It's strange to me to be speaking into a mic that is not attached to my blouse and not having to wear makeup or get dressed up.

My co-anchors are BARETT and FOX, two insanely funny guys who for the most part have not yet, made too much fun of me although they have resorted to calling me NATE on the air and making fun of how short I am in person. LOL.

All in all I am having a lot of fun with this radio thing. This is my last day here and I have a news cut in coming up in one minute...Just got done with it. :) These days my sleep schedule consists of me getting to bed around midnight, up at 4:15AM or so, head to the station and get here around 4:30-5ish. First news cut in is at 5:30AM and then every half an hour. Last cut in is at 8:30AM and then I head home. Fall asleep by 9AM and get up again at 12 noonish or so to get ready for work. Cannot imagine doing this everyday!
One thing I have had to adjust to is listening to all this Country Music...cannot say I am the biggest fan but, I am getting used to it and dare I say this....I may actually be liking a couple of the songs...ahhhh






2 comments: