Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Water Fast Day 3, Maaan my Head HURTS!



Last night was another foodie night. I cannot stop thinking about food. I miss the texture, the taste. I want people to describe food for me. I want to know how it smells, I imagine the softness of bread. I may be going crazy.



In the morning, I felt a huge headache as soon as I woke up. I drank some water and is subsided somewhat but, it was still pretty constant all morning. Here it is now 5:30PM and it's still a dull ache in my head despite drinking two glasses of water and some green tea for energy.

Today was also Cake Day at work and of course of course they had to bring out delicious cheesecake instead of the usual cake we have. Even though I couldn't have some, I did put a slice off to the side for when I can eat again on Friday.

It's amazing how much revolves around food. I learn this more the longer I stay on this fast. Watching TV last night almost every single commercial was about food. Eating is such a big part of our culture, our way of life. It's something you never even think about until you do something like this.

I also promised my 12-year old mentee that I would bring him Subway for lunch today and the smell of the fresh bread almost made me faint from the sheer agony of not being able to have it.

It's the home stretch now. Two more days. And YES I can do this!

3 comments:

  1. You can and WILL make it. Holy crap, you have amazing willpower.Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really hard today Bellz. My head is pounding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try some chicken tender flavored water, and maybe an advil.

    ReplyDelete