Monday, October 18, 2010

Processing




Can we focus so hard on positive thoughts that we forget our pain or past negative ones? This is the question I had on my mind this morning. I have been watching the movie "What the Bleep do we know" that focuses on Quantum Physics and the power of the mind. Much of it is facinating..but, what stood out to me was that one bit. Can we be so hopeful and stand so steady in the face of adversity that we can literally forget pain even very traumatic situations?

Are we being true to ourselves if we do not process through them first? How deep is the mind and how does it interact with the heart. Can anything be overcome instantly even the most painful of situations if we simply choose to move past them. Personally I do not believe it to be true. I think we must go through the "belly of the beast" in order to reach the other side. Our mind can help us think positive thoughts and be hopeful for the future but, processing out your feelings is the only way to assure that you have overcome something.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment