Tuesday, October 5, 2010

So Many Books...So Little Time....

On my reading list are so many books I want to read....here are the top two though!

1.) "No God But God" by Reza Aslan. I first saw Reza on Christianne Amanpour's show, "This Week" which airs on ABC. He is a contributor to the online publication called "The Daily Beast" and is a sharp, intelligent modern Muslim man who is changing perceptions of Islam through his writings.



Though it is the fastest growing religion in the world, Islam remains shrouded by ignorance and fear. What is the essence of this ancient faith? Is it a religion of peace or war? How does Allah differ from the God of Jews and Christians? Can an Islamic State be founded on democratic values such as pluralism and human rights?

No god but God examines how, in the shadow of European colonialism, Muslims developed conflicting strategies to reconcile traditional Islamic values with the social and political realities of the modern world.



Sounds right up my alley!!!! You can also check him out at http://www.rezaaslan.com/


The second book I am dying to read is "The Power" by Rhonda Byrne. By now almost everyone is familiar with her teachings about the Law of Attraction.
The Power is about love. In short, when you love anything, you feel different, and you end up attracting more of the same in your life to love. If you can just focus on love, your entire life will blossom. I cannot wait to get my hands on THIS!

1 comment:

  1. Both of those sound like good books! I might have to add them to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete