Sunday, December 5, 2010

Minne SNOW tah

From home to back to home again. Sometimes I am not quite sure where home actually is. It feels so much like it when I am in Minnesota. The warmth, the family, the genuine urging to be completely and utterly myself. Then I leave and fly back to wherever I happen to be working and suddenly my emotions shift and I am back to being independent, alone, career minded and driven. Where is home? It's Minnesota--where all is familiar comfortable and in sync.

I am heading back to Eugene after a week in the snowy midwest. I got to spend my first birthday back in the place I love in five years. The week was incredible. Every single day was filled with joy and fun and probably most of all sheer comfort. Home cooked meals, hours upon hours on end of nothing to do but, relax, laughing and joking with my brother and sister...staying up till 2AM. I feel so blessed to have that little nook of love in the world. A place I can be completely and utterly me and never have to worry about love not being reciprocated...bliss.

Friends I have not seen in months came for my party. My good friend from Alaska was there along with my best friend Pam who knows more about me than I know myself sometimes. Old college friends and two very dear friends from high school. Also, aunties who pretty much raised me since I was a child...yes, I am indeed blessed. On the night of my birthday the snow started around 4PM and did not want to let up. We ended up with 8 total inches...cars covered and roads packed full of ice. It was a winter wonderland that I welcomed in my 31st year of life!

I will post pictures soon! I have a three hour layover in Seattle..but, it was a week I will not soon forget. Now as I sit here flying further and further away from everyone who loves me...I wonder..just when I will get the chance to come back. I hope it's soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment