Saturday, August 21, 2010

People are Amazing!



Hello is anyone out there?

Here I am sitting in the newsroom on a glorious Saturday bored to tears but, wow did I meet an amazing lady today.

JulieAnn Mills-Testi was born with a rare disease that left her with no use of her arms or hands and very little use of her legs but, that has not slowed her down in the slightest..she simply does things a different way, with her mouth. She showed me how she paints, crochets, and even makes brownies all with only her mouth as her tool. She had the most amazing positive attitude and is happily married with two children. Today I learned gratitude. I am so greatful for the things I have in my life and something as simple as being able to use my hands. If most of us had to spend a day in JulieAnn's shoes I bet we would apply more gratitude to our lives. Her paintings are amazing and colorful and lovely just like her soul.

http://www.julieanntesti.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment