Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Black Bean Power



Last night was fun. I came home after a long day, snuggled into my warm jammies and did the most nerdy thing I could think of, read a book and research things online. As some of you know I have been trying to curb carbs and eat healthy and I found several articles online to help me reach my goal. The last few months have brought on some emotional eating that needs to stop! Time to take charge. I have decided to incorporate the following into my meal plan. Though I don't have much to lose I also enjoy the energy rush that comes from eating food such as the ones I will be incorporating into my meal plan over the next few months. Staying AWAY from white pasta, white bread and anything starchy.

Breakfast---egg white omelettes, salsa, and two slices of 40 calorie toast

Lunch---can of stewed tomatoes with hot sauce, half a can of black beans , or cut up veggies with low calorie salad dressing

Dinner--some lean protein and more black beans,


Why so many black beans you may ask? They are a nutrition powerhouse! Full of fiber and low in calories they will keep you full for hours! In fact, I still feel like I could burst from my breakfast which included mixed vegetables with black beans. They are also easy, you can grab a can for under a dollar at any grocery store and full of flavor if you add the right spices to them.

Just read this!

Black beans are not only low in fat, but they're also quite filling due to their high fiber content. This makes them a satisfying way to reduce hunger cravings which can lead to unhealthy splurges; and at only eighty-five calories for a half-cup, they're not likely to pack on the pounds. They're also a good source of protein to satisfy hunger and help maintain energy levels.

Also a ton of water. I have found that drinking Propel flavored water is a delicious way to get my water intake and feel like I am drinking juice! Drink water it's the best way to feel full. I will keep you all updated on my weight loss progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment