Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A is for Ashram!



ASHRAM! Do you know what that is? I am learning so much about them while reading "Eat Pray Love" which I am sure by now you are getting sick of me talking about. The book is fantastic. Little nuggets of wisdom and purity wrapped inside a story that is both compelling and achingly sad. I want to write like Elizabeth Gilbert! Her words are simple but crafted together so well. I learn not only from her story but also the way she writes. Her style is basically pretty damn amazing.

I love the part where she travels to India. She spends her days inside the quiet solitude of an Ashram- a place of worship where she meditates for hours and has many experiences that bring her closer to God.

Reading this delightful book makes me want to book a one way ticket to India and become a complete devotee, staying in an Ashram forever where I can process all these thoughts that go through my head. In stillness we see things we can never see in haste. I try to take moments of stillness everyday but, it's the type of stillness one can achieve when the only goal you have is to sit in silence for months.

Maybe I should put this on my bucket list? Visit an Ashram..hmmm..something to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment