Monday, January 10, 2011

Football Madness and More!



It's the BIG huge BCS game today and the whole town feels like a ghost town. Businesses closed early, bars are jam packed and everyone is cheering on the DUCKS including me! It's amazing how much this city gets into the local team and I think it's pretty awesome but, I must admit that being at work is a bit of a relief. I don't have to worry about driving or dealing with any of the crazyness--in a way it's a relief.

I woke up this morning feeling a bit strange. I had gone to sleep reading the book "Eat Pray Love" and it's message is so powerful. I loved the movie and the book is even better. I love the concept of waking up one day and taking charge of your life. Deciding that enough is enough and you are going to put yourself first. It's a powerful reminder that we all have a choice as to what we decide to do in our lives. We can choose to be happy or choose to be sad. We can choose to stay or choose to leave.

You can't lose what's not yours, keep what's not yours, or hold onto something that doesn't wanna stay.

Read this off of twitter today and it seemed especially true. I need to apply it more to my own life and situations but, I also have a quiet hope in my heart that I am moving through the stages I need to go through to heal and move on with my life..I'm proud of myself for the accomplishments I have made and the ones to come.

GO DUCKS

No comments:

Post a Comment