Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another Day on the Job



What a busy day! I cannot believe today is only Tuesday. It certainly already feels like it should be Friday..this week is a-draggin.

Today I am producing the KVAL 11PM newscast because the anchor called in sick. A co-worker of mine who usually reports during the week is anchoring my show. It's always a little strange to produce and anchor a show you are not used to but I must admit I am proud of myself. I got the show done in less than 2 hours and can now just focus on fine tuning it! :) I think I have a very Type A personality when it comes to timing. I have to do things in a certain order and in a certain way. I like to have my show done at a specific time and at 8:30PM sharp everynight I go and do my makeup. :)

We use a software here called ENPS. It's basically a systematic way to produce our newscasts. People are usually so shocked by how precise and exact our timing has to be. If we are even ten seconds off it can really throw a newscast. Back to producing the 11.! Watch tonight if you can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment