Monday, September 6, 2010

"Choose Them Wisely" by Mike Dooley


I am reading a facinating book right now. It's called "Choose them Wisely" by Mike Dooley. I found it in my favorite section of the downtown Eugene public library yesterday.

It follows the same concept I have been facinated with lately, The Law of Attraction. So many of the passages are so uplifting and inspiring that I want to capture them in my mind and read them when I find myself resorting to negative thoughts. Here is just one example.

From---"Thoughts Become Things" By Mike Dooley 2009

It's Me! Life!

Thoughts are the things that draw life to you
Like a magnet to steel
they're how dreams come true,
It's really that easy
and a whole lot of fun.
just know what you want
and imagine it done.

Sure, the manifestation part is easy. You already do it, day in and day out. Your dreams have come true. You're living them right now! The heroes and heroines in your life--they're pretty much what you thought you would find right? And the hills and valleys, the challenges and triumphs are just like you pictured them. You've got the right stuff and you are using it! The tricky part, and this isn't always so obvious, is knowing what you really want. Tricky because it requires brutal honesty with yourself. It requires asking questions that ordinarily you wouldn't have to ask, looking at the facts you've made up rethinking what they're provoking, and understanding your fears and your true motivations. No, of course you don't have to go there. Almost no one does. You can fool most of the people most of the time, and no one's going to come tap you on the shoulder to tell you that you have been kidding yourself. Accept the life you lead. Question yourself and think deep.

3 comments:

  1. Have you finished it? I need to find something new to read, but I am pretty picky with subjects...
    and what is your favorite section of the library?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am about done. You can totally borrow it. It's great reading..if you like that kind of thing. I like the second floor section 159.1 and beyond..wow that sounded so nerdy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post, the first I have heard of Mike Dooley was at http://www.capturinghappiness.com/i-is-for-imagination If this book is as good as you say it is I will have to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete