Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Live Television



Live Television is almost always Awesome.
I say almost because honestly last nights newscast was one of the highlights of my career (or so she says so sarcastically)

Somehow right after my first block of news, someone over at FOX forgot to press the button that takes us to commercial break (if you work in production please excuse my complete simplifying of the process)

Anyways, imagine this...news is read, tease is read and then you go to commerical. Basic..simple right? Instead viewers got a complete behind the scenes look at what happens between the show. Seth did mic checks, I adjusted my dress, texted on my phone and Pete the cameraman did a cameo trying to roll up wires. We didn't even know what had happened until Seth started receiving a million text messages from viewers commenting on his gorgeous eye color (close up camera shot)!

Mortifying? YES! Now for the good part...things could have been damn near disasterous! Normally during commercial break Seth and I are talking up a storm about everything under the sun. We could have been talking about ANYTHING...Not only that but, I also have been known to drop the occasional swear word during break as well! Lesson learned BIG TIME!
Never just assume you are off air if you are in the newscast..You never ever know what could happen!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment